Call Us Now!
PHONE: (828) 526-3783 | TOLL-FREE: (877) 526-3784
209 Hospital Dr #202
Highlands, NC 28741
Thursday, August 15th, 2013
Every so often, plastic surgery is associated with women. However, recent statistics from the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reveal that the number of cosmetic surgeries performed in 2012 amongst men soared up to 106 percent from 1997. Here at our North Carolina plastic surgery practice, we also tailor to the cosmetic needs and desires of men — from male breast reduction to injectables to skin care.
The following are the top 5 male cosmetic procedures in 2012 which are also offered at our Highlands clinic.
1. Liposuction – In some cases, one can’t seem to lose the extra deposits of fat despite regular physical activity and a healthy eating plan. Liposuction amongst males is often targeted towards the flanks, abs, and chest areas. Dr. Buchanan performs several techniques of liposuction, depending on your body contouring needs and preferences.
2. Rhinoplasty – Whether it’s a subtle change or dramatic improvement that males want for their nose, rhinoplasty for men is one of those procedures which could help accentuate the masculine look. Rhinoplasty with Dr. Buchanan is usually an outpatient procedure performed under light general anesthesia and lasts two to three hours, unless extensive work needs to be done on the airway.
3. Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) – Puffy looking eyelids and the excess skin under the eyes will surely make a man look older. Hence, an eyelid surgery should be in order. In this procedure, Dr. Buchanan will remove fine wrinkles and sagging skin around the eyes. You can combine this procedure with others such as a facelift, forehead lift and/or BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments to achieve other desired results.
4. Male Breast Reduction – Feel confident even if you go topless! Gynecomastia or abnormal breast enlargement in males is now common amongst adolescents and elderly males. This condition is influenced by a variety of factors such as diet, hormones, weight, and medications. Before scheduling your male breast reduction procedure with Dr. Buchanan, it is quite important that the underlying cause of the abnormal breast enlargement will be addressed.
5. Otoplasty – Sometimes, one is born with varying degrees of ear shape problems — from overprojected ears to poorly defined folds. To correct this procedures, an otoplasty or ear reshaping procedure should be performed.
Male Plastic Surgery in Highlands, North Carolina
We invite you to explore your cosmetic options with us! We perfectly understand that men want to look attractive, youthful, and feel great about themselves, too!
Dr. Buchanan has hospital privileges at both Highlands-Cashiers Hospital and at Harris Regional Hospital in Sylva. The procedures are performed either in his office or at Highlands-Cashiers Hospital. We are located at 209 Hospital Drive, Suite 202, Highlands, NC. Call us at 828-526-3783 or fill out this contact form to schedule an initial consultation. We look forward to your visit!