Enhance Your Sex Appeal With Lip Augmentation
The natural aging process, genetics, sun exposure and lifestyle including stress and smoking take a toll on the appearance of our lips. They lose volume, become disproportionate, and wrinkle. If this describes your lips and they are thin, wrinkled, lack volume or sex appeal, and are causing concern, minimally invasive lip augmentation can help increase your self-confidence by returning your lips to their natural, more youthful appearance.
Lip Rejuvenation Doctor Decision Making
Lip augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that refills depleted lips, improves symmetry, and restores balance with the goal of making you feel more confident in your appearance. The most important decision for you to make before undergoing lip augmentation is to locate a doctor who understands the normal anatomy and aging process and is experienced in restoring lips naturally. A doctor who is qualified and you can trust is Dr. Robert Buchanan, an American Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Recommended Injectable Dermal Fillers
We can rejuvenate lips either surgically or by use of something to add volume and improve contours. By far, the most common method is the use of an injectable filler to the lips to restore volume that has been lost over time. The most common type of filler used, and the safest, is hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body, and the precursor to collagen, the substance that makes up most of the tissues of the body. This is used to enhance lip volume, shape, and structure.
Dr. Buchanan uses the Allergan Juvéderm® family of fillers because they provide a selection of qualities to meet individual requirements and are the longest-lasting fillers on the market. The fillers used in the lip are:
- Juvéderm Ultra Injectable Gel, a medium soft product that provides more volume enhancement than the actual amount injected.
- Juvéderm Vollure, a product similar in consistency to Ultra but lasting 11/2 times as long and allowing very precise correction.
- Juvéderm Volbella, a very soft filler that is excellent for finessing the shape of the lip and injecting wrinkle lines.
Lip Augmentation Procedure Basics
The lip is actually a part of the GI system. The main uncomfortable stimulus to this system is stretch. Because injection stretches the mucosa of the lip, we generally try to numb the area so that nothing is felt during the injection itself. We first apply a topical numbing agent inside the mouth and then inject through this to numb the entire lip.
Basic procedure steps then begin:
- We mark the areas of concern.
- We use a blunt cannula to inject most of the filler in order to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Any residual lines on the lip are then injected to reduce them.
- Ice is applied to ease swelling and possible bruising.
- Do not apply firm pressure or rub the treated area for the first week.
- Do no pushing, pulling, lifting, or anything vigorous for 4-6 hours.
- Lipstick or other products can be applied after several hours.
Be Confident and Proud of Your Lips
Enhance your lips or regain your youthful appearance with lip augmentation. Contact the Center for Plastic Surgery serving the community of Highlands, NC, by calling 828-526-3783 to schedule your lip augmentation consultation with Dr. Robert Buchanan.