5 Ways to a Healthy and Quick Recovery After Your North Carolina Plastic Surgery
The recovery process following plastic surgery varies from one individual to another. It is also influenced by the type of surgery done and the number of surgeries done at once. Dr. Buchanan recommends the following tips to a satisfying and healthy recovery after your North Carolina plastic surgery.
1. Have a plan. Dr. Buchanan recommends that you plan ahead for your recovery — from ensuring that someone will be there for you to lend assistance post-procedure to stocking on post-surgical medications. Keep in mind that your family, career, and social life will be affected by the surgery.
Arrange for someone to stay with you during the first 24 to 72 hours following surgery. While you may be able to resume to normal activities, having someone around will surely make your healing process faster, easier, and safer.
2. Keep your expectations realistic. If you’re expecting that you’ll look fabulous right after the surgery, think again. Swelling and bruising are the hallmarks of post-plastic surgery and the results you expect will most likely appear at a later time.
3. Keep your head elevated during the first few days if you had surgery above the neck area such as a brow lift, neck lift, and a face lift. This will help reduce swelling and prevent complications during recovery.
4. Avoid taking medications which could increase your risk of post-surgery complications such as infection, bleeding, and poor wound healing. These medications include aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and certain herbal supplements. It is very important that you read labels.
5. Rehydrate as often as you can and avoid sun exposure at all costs.
The Center for Plastic Surgery in Highlands, North Carolina
We invite you to explore your cosmetic options with us! We perfectly understand that cosmetic surgery is not just about improving the physical aspect but making you feel better about yourself, too.
Dr. Buchanan has hospital privileges at both Highlands-Cashiers Hospital and at Harris Regional Hospital in Sylva. The procedures are performed either in his office or at Highlands-Cashiers Hospital. We are located at 209 Hospital Drive, Suite 202, Highlands, NC. Call us at 828-526-3783 or fill out this contact form to schedule an initial consultation. We look forward to your visit!