Call Us Now!
PHONE: (828) 526-3783 | TOLL-FREE: (877) 526-3784
209 Hospital Dr #202
Highlands, NC 28741
Friday, January 22nd, 2016
The new year brings changes, resolutions and time to evaluate your body and your life. If you have considered treating the problem areas of your skin, such as birthmarks, sun damage, age-spots, acne scars or fine lines, a laser skin resurfacing treatment may be just the thing and the perfect time may be now.
Laser skin resurfacing is one of the most popular and common of the aesthetic cosmetic procedures. It is used to correct troublesome skin problems that arise because of cumulative sun damage, genetics and even nutritional factors. Additionally, over time, a gradual loss of collagen thins your skin and eventually fine lines and wrinkles form, age spots appear and your skin tone changes.
Dr. Buchanan uses the Luxor® Specialized CO2 laser, which employs a high-energy, intense burst of of CO2 light to treat your skin’s surface as well as deeper into the dermis. The Luxor® Specialized CO2 laser is a fast, revolutionary treatment that targets specific areas with minimal downtime and a speedier recovery. This is ideal if you have a busy lifestyle or cannot be away from work for a long period of time.
• Following treatment, your skin will glow, your skin tone will be evened out and your skin will respond by stimulating the growth of new collagen.
• You will notice an immediate softening of wrinkles, fine lines and scars.
• There may be some slight swelling.
• You should be able to return to work in about five to eight days.
• You must avoid exposure to the sun and apply sunscreen when you go outside.
• Results are long-lasting and with proper skin care can last for many years.
• Usually one treatment gives great results but in patients with deeper wrinkles a second treatment may be needed.
• And here’s some additional good news: Both men and women can benefit from laser skin resurfacing!
If you have questions or concerns about your skin, call to book a consultation appointment with Dr. Buchanan, today: (828) 526-3783.