Monday, July 1st, 2013
Although the face is often the subject of anti-aging procedures, you might be surprised to know that your hands could actually betray you when it comes to revealing your true age. Here at our North Carolina plastic surgery practice, we often advise our clients to also take the time to take care of their hands. After all, no matter what you do to make your overall appearance look younger, your hands will most likely just give your age away.
Hand Care Tips and Tricks
1. Don’t skimp on the lotion, moisturizer or hand cream. While your hands won’t reveal signs of aging until you’re in your 30s or 40s, using hand moisturizers as early as your 20s will work to your advantage later in life.
2. Be generous with your sunscreen, too. If possible, choose moisturizers with sunscreen properties! UV exposure is the #1 culprit of blemishes, sun spots, and premature appearance of wrinkles on your lovely hands.
3. If your skin is extra sensitive, avoid products which are quite harsh. This will only make your hands flaky and dry.
4. If you frequently do household chores such as doing the laundry, wear rubber gloves as much as possible.
5. Consider hand rejuvenation procedures such as chemical peels and laser skin resurfacing.
If you’re noticing obvious signs of aging in your hands, let us help you out! We have a variety of anti-aging options suited to your needs and preferences. We are located at 209 Hospital Drive, Suite 202, Highlands, NC. Call us at 828-526-3783 or fill out this contact form to schedule an initial consultation. We look forward to your visit!