Friday, November 23rd, 2018
As you age, the definition and fullness of your lips diminish and fine lines appear. Smoking can increase the appearance of these changes by 15-20 years, If you think fuller, more well defined, smoother, youthful lips could improve your appearance and self-confidence, you may wish to consider lip enhancement.
At the Center For Plastic Surgery, Dr. Buchanan offers a variety of techniques from which to choose – all of which are performed in our surgical suite:
• Injectable Fillers such as Juvederm Ultra and Volbella offer immediate results. They can refill the areas of lost fat and fill lines. results lasts about ten to twelve months or longer but subsequent treatments are usually necessary because your body will absorb most of the filler material.
• Fat injections are another filler alternative – as the loss of fat near your lips is one of the main causes of thinning lips. This is a relatively permanent solution, but may take two sessions to achieve optimum correction, and, with time, the body may also absorb some of this fat also.
• A more permanent solution is a solid, silicone implant or surgical remodeling of the lips. Both have fallen out of favor because of the increased problems and the superb results from the injectables or fat
• At your consultation appointment, Dr. Buchanan will discuss your options and determine which procedure is right for you – based upon your problem and the results you desire.
Here are some things to consider as you decide on your lip enhancement procedure:
• Do you want temporary or permanent results? If you’re certain you want permanent lip enhancement, implants or fat may be a good choice, since other injectable fillers require repeated injections. If you’re not ready to commit to a permanent look, fillers are a great way to enjoy fuller lips and explore the results you’re happiest with.
• Are you willing to undergo surgery or would you prefer a minimally invasive procedure? Injectable procedures are much less involved than implant or remodeling surgery. Remember that no cosmetic or surgical procedure is entirely without risk, but the risks are smaller with filler procedures than with surgery. Although they are not a major procedure, implants are more invasive than fillers and may involve more recovery time.
• How much do you want to spend? Be sure to discuss your price range with Dr. Buchanan and learn what procedures are available within your budget.
• Could you be allergic to any of the injected materials? None of the present fillers or implants have any risk of allergic reaction.
If you would like to learn more, call for a consultation appointment, today: (828) 526-3783.