What You Need to Know If You’ve Been Considering Rhinoplasty
Monday, September 15th, 2014
Men and women visit us here at our practice seeking rhinoplasty for various reasons. Some find that their nose is too small or too large, too projected or not projected enough, the base is wide, or the tip is overly wide in relation to the entirety of the nose. No matter what your reasons are in having a nose-reshaping procedure, we encourage you to get to know the basics of rhinoplasty first before making an informed decision to undergo surgery.
- There is no such thing as the perfect outcome when it comes to rhinoplasty. The most skilled plastic surgeon cannot even guarantee absolute perfection after surgery. However, your surgeon’s skills, knowledge, and experience will play a significant role in the overall success of the procedure. In addition, rhinoplasty is one of the most delicate procedures in plastic surgery thus the need to carefully choose your plastic surgeon.
- A nose that may appear perfect on a celebrity or your cousin doesn’t necessarily mean that it will look good on you. Each person’s nasal profile is unique.
- Apart from your surgeon’s skill and experience, your healing response can also influence the rate at which you recover from the procedure. This could be influenced by genetics and lifestyle habits such as smoking, alcohol consumption, and sleeping habits.
- An excellent prognosis from rhinoplasty may result from a combination of a skilled surgeon, excellent general health, firm nasal cartilage, well-proportioned nasal skeleton, good healing response, and adherence to post-surgery instructions.
- Desired outcomes from rhinoplasty will not be noticed immediately after the procedure. Bruising and swelling in the surgical site may be disappointing at first but good results will eventually appear. Patience is indeed a virtue!
Your Personalized Rhinoplasty Plan by Dr. Robert T. Buchanan
Dr. Buchanan’s aim in a rhinoplasty procedure is to do more than just improve the appearance of your nose but rather make sure that it is in harmony with the rest of your facial structures. Allow us to help you come up with a personalized rhinoplasty plan!
We are located at 209 Hospital Drive, Suite 202, Highlands, NC. Call us at 828-526-3783 or fill out this contact form today to schedule an initial consultation. We look forward to your visit!