Call Us Now!
PHONE: (828) 526-3783 | TOLL-FREE: (877) 526-3784
209 Hospital Dr #202
Highlands, NC 28741
Friday, May 30th, 2014
While one might say that there are far more important things to worry in life — from finally making that decision to leave your crappy job or booking that much needed month-long vacation you’ve always wanted, sagging and bulging abdominal skin will most likely be one of those things that you are actually worried about but kinda hesitant to admit that you really do.
Here at our North Carolina plastic surgery practice, we perfectly understand that it’s more than just the appearance of excess abdominal fat and skin tissue, it also has to do with feeling more confident and comfortable with yourself. During your personal consultations with Dr. Buchanan, a personalized tummy tuck surgical plan will be created. Dr. Buchanan’s unique approach in a tummy tuck procedure is not just about improving the appearance of your waistline, he also aims to provide you with an aesthetically balanced abdominal contours in relation to the rest of your body.
Once you have made the decision to have a tummy tuck here at our practice, here are the 5 essential steps that you need to take to ensure that you achieve your desired cosmetic outcomes.
1. Arrange for someone to stay with you post-surgery, particularly if you’re already a mother. Make sure that you have someone to look after your child and/or children during recovery.
2. Fill in prescriptions that you may need during and after surgery. The same goes for the medical supplies that you may need.
3. Quit smoking 4 to 6 weeks before your scheduled tummy tuck procedure. Smoking has been found to increase your chances of developing post-surgical complications and consequently delay healing.
4. Avoid aspirin, supplements, and anti-inflammatory drugs that will increase your chances of bleeding during and after the surgery. If you are prescribed with medications before the surgery by a separate doctor, inform him or her about your plans of having a tummy tuck soon.
5. Stick to a nutritional plan primarily composed of whole foods before and after surgery. This will ensure that you get the necessary nutrients required for quick healing and recovery.
We’d love to help you plan for your tummy tuck in North Carolina! We are located at 209 Hospital Drive, Suite 202, Highlands, NC. Call us at 828-526-3783 or fill out this contact form to schedule an initial consultation. We look forward to your visit!